Cheddar and Leek Pasta
Servings: 4 ppl | Prep Time: 10 mins| Cooking Time: 30-40 mins
Leek and Cheddar pasta:
- 400g of Orzo
- 200g of Mature Cheddar
- 3 Leeks
- 1 cup of Vegetable Broth
- Handful of Cherry Tomatoes
- 1 tbsp of Mustard
- 3 tbsp of Balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp of Olive oil
- Salt, Pepper
- Wash the leeks, salad and cherry tomatoes.
- Finely slice the leeks and cut the cherry tomatoes in half.
- Place the salad and cherry tomatoes into a salad bowl and put aside for now.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan and add the sliced leeks.
- Cook until slightly golden, then add the water and vegetable broth.
- Lower the heat and cover the pan with a lid, stir occasionally. Let it cook for about 30-40 mins.
- In another pan, add enough water for 400g of pasta to boil and follow cooking instructions on the packet.
- Cut the cheddar up into cubes of about 5 mm.
- Mix the mustard, balsamic vinegar and olive oil together, and season with salt and pepper.
- When the leeks have finished cooking, take them off the heat and mash with a fork.
- Drain the cooked pasta and place back into the saucepan.
- Add the leeks and cheddar to the pasta and stir until the cheddar has completely melted.
- Add the salad dressing to the salad and toss.
- Serve out the pasta onto four plates and enjoy while still hot.
HAMBURGERS FAIT MAISON (Homemade)
Servings: 4 ppl | Prep Time: 25 mins | Cooking Time: 25 mins
- 100g Mincemeat (5% fat)
- 4 Oven-baked or hamburger buns
- 4 Leaves of Romaine lettuce
- 4 Slices of Mature Cheddar (or any cheese of your choice, or none)
- 1 Red onion
- Pickles (optional)
- Garlic Paste
- Salt, Pepper
For the Sweet Potato Fries:
- 2 Large Sweet Potatoes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Salt, Pepper
- Preheat the oven at 200°.
- Wash the sweet potatoes and cut them into wedges.
- Place the wedges into a large bowl, cover with the olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Mix together and ensure that each wedge is covered with olive oil.
- You can always add spices (paprika) or herbs (rosemary) for an extra twist .
- Cover an oven tray with a baking sheet and place each wedge carefully on the tray, making sure they aren’t touching.
- Place in oven for 25 mins, checking every few minutes to makes sure they are cooking nicely.
- Dice ½ of the onion and place it in a clean bowl with the mincemeat, salt, pepper and 1 tsp of garlic paste (optional).
- Mix it all together with your hands and then separate the mixture into four patties weighing about 25g each.
- Place the patties on a baking sheet and cover with another baking sheet, then use a chopping board to flatten them (the thinner the patty, the crispier!).
- Heat a non-stick frying pan and add 1 tsp of butter for extra taste (optional).
- When the pan is hot, carefully place each patty in it making sure they are not touching.
- Flip over after a few minutes, making sure that they are not burnt, and cook them to your liking.
- Toast the buns, wash four leaves of salad, slice the tomatoes, onion, pickles and the cheddar.
- Place two slices of cheddar on each patty, turn the heat down and cover the pan.
- Take the sweet potatoes out of the oven and place on each plate with the buns and garnishes.
- When the cheese is melted, place each patty on the buns and serve with your favourite sauces.
Servings: 4 ppl | Prep Time: 20 mins| Cooking Time: 20 mins
- 200g Dry Rice Noodles
- 200g Firm Tofu (smoked or natural)
- 2 Leeks
- 2 Bell Peppers
- 1 Chilli Pepper (optional)
- ½ Lemon
- 2 tbsp Honey
- Soya Sauce
- Salt, Pepper
- Cut the firm tofu into cubes of 2cmx2cm and place into a bowl.
- Cover the tofu with soya sauce and the honey, and set aside to marinate.
- Wash the leeks, bell peppers, chilli pepper and spring onions.
- Slice the leeks and spring onions.
- Dice the bell peppers and chilli pepper.
- Place all the vegetables in a pre-heated, non-stick pan.
- Sauté the vegetables for a few minutes and then add a splash of water to avoid them sticking to the pan.
- Add the tofu and half the sauce it was marinated in.
- In a separate saucepan, bring water to the boil and cook the rice noodles according to the instructions on the packet.
- Fry the tofu until golden.
- When the noodles are cooked, mix in with the tofu and vegetables.
- Pour in what is left of the sauce and the juice of half a lemon into the mixed noodles, and mix again.
- Serve out onto four plates and enjoy!
– Augusta Dunsterville