Stuck on what to listen to for those long days in the sun? Here are 21 chilled tunes that you’ll be playing on repeat!
- Loving Is Easy (ft Benny Sings) – Rex Orange County:
If you haven’t heard of Rex Orange County by now, what have you been doing? The Surrey-born 20 year old was scouted by Tyler, The Creator last year, and has been on the up ever since. This collaboration with Benny Sings has quickly become his most popular song; a sweet, infectious tune complemented by sleek harmonies and effortless lyrics.
- She Moves In Her Own Way (acoustic ) – The Kooks
This mellow, indie-pop classic works even better when it’s acoustic. Catchy, summery and perfect for playing in the car with the windows down!
- Where Did I Go? – Jorja Smith
With her debut album only released at the start of June, Smith is one to watch. A blend of R&B and soul, her songs combine meaningful lyrics with her husky voice, chilled beats, and jazz inspired piano.
- Second Time – Bruno Major
Bittersweet and nostalgic, Major’s melancholy performance is complimented by a soothing melody and heartfelt guitar.
- Guru – Coast Modern
This song is a slice of fun, psychedelic pop, providing good vibes by the bucketload.
- Goodie Bag – Still Woozy
If any song was made for beach listening, it’s this one! Dreamy lyrics are layered over funky electronic beats, and then irresistibly fused with acoustic guitar riffs.
- Toothpaste Kisses – The Maccabees
One of the most charming features about this lighthearted song is its simplicity. Featuring whistles and scratchy, stripped-down guitar, it sounds as if it could have been recorded in the 90s, rather than 2008.
- Best Part (ft H.E.R.) – Daniel Caesar
Two powerful voices are combined in this silky, soulful duet. Romantic and relaxing, this song is best listened to with your eyes closed.
- Sunny – Bobby Hebbs
This uplifting, bouncy song is guaranteed to put a smile on your face.
- Warm (ft Mia) – Dre’es
This chilled, whimsical song conjures up images of lying on a beach under swaying palm trees, sipping a fruity drink out of a coconut.
- 3WW – alt-J
At 5 minutes long, 3WW spends time building an atmospheric, dreamy sound using echoes, percussion and acapella. Meditative and woozy, this is the song to take you to another land.
- Lovely Day- Bill Withers
- Mystery of Love – Sufjan Stevens
- Better Together – Jack Johnson
- Forrest Gump – Frank Ocean
- Single – The Neighbourhood
- Drew Barrymore – SZA
- Where Were You In The Morning? – Shawn Mendes
- Cola (Elderbrook Chilled Mix) – CamelPhat
- Coming Home – Leon Bridges
- Dream A Little Dream Of Me – The Mamas & The Papas
– Miranda Parkinson