As exams are now amongst us, and we are fighting for space in the Forum, lunch needs to be quick, healthy, and cheap (of course). So this week is all about meal prepping, bringing you three meals that will keep for a few days and are perfect to take to campus!
Tuna and Cannellini Bean Salad
- 2 tins of tuna (in brine)
- 1 bunch of asparagus (sliced at a slant)
- 1 tin of cannellini beans
- 2 large tomatoes
- 1 bag of lettuce leaves
- 1 handful of fresh herbs (mint, chives, and parsley works well)
- 1 red onion (finely diced)
- 1 red pepper (diced)
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- salt & pepper
- Blanch the asparagus (boil in salted water for 3 mins then straight under cold running water as this keeps the colour vibrant and stops it cooking further).
- Mix the garlic, herbs, vinegar, and olive oil in the bottom of the bowl. Mix well as the more you whisk, the thicker and better combined dressing you will have!
- Mix in the rest of the ingredients and voila!
If you want to bulk it out, add some pasta or serve with some with some bread, but I love how fresh, tasty and nutritious it is! If you are planning on having it for the week, then add the leaves daily to avoid soggy lettuce!
– by Unimumma aka Serena Harding
Find more recipes on Instagram @Unimumma!