Makes 1 Serving
- 1 smoked mackerel fillet
- 1 tbsp low fat soft cheese
- 2 tsp wholegrain mustard
- Squeeze of lemon
- 1 raw beetroot
- Handful of lettuce
- 1 wholegrain pitta
- 1 sprig of fresh rosemary
- 4 or 5 sun-blushed or cherry tomatoes
- Flake the fish into a bowl, add in the mustard and soft cheese, with lots of pepper and lemon juice. Mix together gently to maintain some large flakes (be careful with the salt as fish is naturally very salty)
- Place the leaves and tomato on the plate.
- Cut the pitta into triangles, place on a baking tray, spray with 1 Kcal spray, add some rock salt and rosemary and bake in the oven 2 mins each side at 180 degrees (till crisp and a little soft in the middle)
- Then grate, however way you want the beetroot, and assemble the ingredients together.
This is so so delicious and will impress others as it tastes a little fancy but is extremely cheap and easy to make!
– by Unimumma aka Sarah Harding