Sausage Meatball Spaghetti
- 6 Sausages (it may vary according to type, the cheapest will still be delicious!)
- 4 tsp Lazy Garlic
- 4 tsp Lazy Chilli
- 4 tsp Oregano
- 4 tsp Dried Basil
- 1 Tin of chopped tomatoes
- 1 White onion
- 1 Red Pepper
- 5 Frozen spinach clumps
- Squeeze of tomato puree
- 1 tbsp Crème fraîche or yogurt
- 400g of spaghetti
- Squeeze out the sausage mince from the sausages, add in half of the herbs and spices, stir around with a metal spoon to combine all the ingredients together. You don’t need to add breadcrumbs and egg as sausages normally contain breadcrumbs to hold them together already!
- Roll the mixture into meatballs and leave in the fridge while you slice up the onion and pepper.
- In olive oil, fry off the onion, pepper, and meatballs with the rest of the chilli and garlic.
- Once browned, and the veg has softened, add in the tinned tomatoes, tomato puree and herbs and seasoning. Let this simmer away and thicken up to the consistency you want.
- Cook the pasta.
- Add in the frozen spinach and Crème fraiche and some pasta water.
- Place the pasta in a bowl, and spoon the meatballs and sauce over (Parmesan makes an excellent topper).