This hand-warming fruit punch goes beautifully alongside a wintery mince pie (or two!) or a delicious Christmas roast, and provides a perfect non-alcoholic alternative to mulled wine. Passed down through a family friend, the recipe for this tried, tested, and tasty fruit punch is SO simple, yet so effective – why not give it a try with your house or flat over Christmas dinner!
What you will need (to make 2 litres worth):
- 250ml Ribena light
- 250ml Orange juice
- 1.5 litres of water
- 2 Cinnamon sticks
- 1 Orange
- 12 Whole cloves
- 2 Mulled Wine spice sachets (Optional)
Tip: The cinnamon sticks, whole cloves and mulled wine spice sachets can be found in small jars in most supermarkets. For example, I bought Sainsburys’ own brand. While you may be wary about buying a jar of whole cloves, if you find this drink as wonderful as I do, it won’t take long for you and your house to get through the 2 litres! Therefore, having enough supplies to make more impromptu punch can be very useful!
What to do:
- Put all of the liquids (Ribena, orange juice and water) in a large saucepan on the hob, along with Cinnamon sticks, and 2 mulled wine spice sachets.
- Then, cut the orange in half and push six whole cloves with the point down into the skin of each half of the orange. Place the orange into the pan with the rest of the mixture.
- Heat the pan gently – do not boil the mixture! I like to give it an occasional stir – often turning the orange around.
- When it does reach the desired temperature, remove it from the heat and serve. That’s all you have to do!
Do you have any family Christmas recipes that you would like to share with Razz, or any festive inspired content?, if so get in touch via email or social media, we’d love to hear from you!